- Ernie Bird is specialized in recording for cast albums, theatre orchestras, classical music, and folk-pop, acoustic, piano-heavy, and pop genres. Recorded and mixed numerous theatre covers and jazz projects. Electronic music is his secret passion.
- Flexible, quick learner, detail-oriented, reliable and creative leader, and equally devoted assistant
- Proficient in Neve 88RS, API: Legacy+, SSL Duality SE, Avid System 5, Behringer, Yamaha
- Proficient in Pro Tools, Logic, Adobe Audition, Reason, Cubase; Sibelius, Dorico
- Professional musical theatre composer, arranger, and orchestrator. Has written five musicals.
- More than 6 years of experience in audio production, recording & mixing
Podcasting – What Will She Do Next?
Words and Narration by Gabrielle Mirabella, Music Composition and Production by Ernie Bird
Broadway stars, historical women, and family-friendly showstoppers. Musical theatre writing team Bird & Mirabella present a musical podcast focused on key, decision-making moments in the lives of history’s greatest women. Through interactive storytelling and Broadway-style song, What Will She Do Next? keeps children searching for an answer, while ultimately learning a lesson in perseverance.
Ernie Bird does composition, arranging, music production, audio & dialogue editing, mixing, sound effects & foley, and gets the finished product ready for publishing on podcasting platforms.
For more info, visit www.whatwillshedo.com
Check out the latest episode about Bertha Benz (folk pop):
Mashup of Season 1 songs:
Shirley Chisholm – Song Only:
Songs composed, orchestrated, engineered & mixed by Ernie Bird
Quick demo for an online event:
Musical Theatre Covers arranged and orchestrated by Joey Epstein
Ernie Bird record engineered, audio edited & mixed various musical theatre covers, as well as originals
He & He – Acoustic Pop Album
Music & Lyrics by Eric Gaudette & Ernie Bird (He & He duo)
Arranged & Produced by Ernie Bird. Recorded live at Boston Record Co; 2018
Electronic – Berklee Nomination for AES Recording Competition
Various Projects for clients:
IDIOM Productions – Jazz
Arranged by Oleg Smirnov
Ernie Bird record engineered and edited various projects.
Steve Reich-Influenced song demo (electronic):
I USE – music & screenwriting by Ernie Bird (2013)
Interested in hearing more of my musical theatre composition work? Click here.